Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Citrus

While eating a delicious orange, I started giggling about a line from a long-forgotten movie that my buddy Rob and I always laughed at. In the blacksploitation spoof "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka," a gangter played by Kadeem Hardison of "Different World" fame went to the home of the protagonist's mother to threaten her. While sitting in her lower middle class living room, the gangster makes negative comments on the decor, the plastic covered furniture and nick-nacks that surround him. "Look at all this," the gangter says. "Plastic pillowcovers, oranges and shit." Only he pronounces oranges "aaaahnges". And for some reason, that line and the pronounciation of the word "oranges" became the height of humor for Rob and me. The fact that the line was so random and stupid made it all the more funny to the both of us. And 15 years later, it's still funny, especially if you say the line with orange juice dribble on your chin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

I still laugh at that ahhh yessss

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home