Tuesday, May 31, 2005

1985

For months, I've been expecting this in the mail. But it didn't come and I thought I'd dodged a bullet. But the notice finally arrived. And I'm not sure I want to spend $120 to meet with the fellow graduates of J.J. Pearce High School Class of 1985 in September. It's not really the money that's the issue. Rather, I don't have much of a reason to attend this event. I did attend the 10-year reunion when I was a single dude. And rather than try to impress my fellow classmates with all the riches and success the world had bestowed on me over the decade, I treated the event as a meet-and-greet with people who just happened to be my same age and grew up in my same hometown. I took a co-worker as a date. And using the wing-woman theory, both of us were successful and dragging dates out of the reunion. With 680 in my graduating class, the reunion was hardly an intimate affair. There were people there that I'd never heard of before, including a female I met there and ended up dating for a few months. I'm sure my wife would not approve of me repeating my 10-year Reunion performance. So why go? It might be fun seeing a few people I know. But I guess my biggest fear is meeting with blank stares from people who'd look at me and think "who in the hell is this guy?" --- a completely appropriate reaction seeing as I was one of Pearce's most non-descript graduates.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Write "Randy Travis" on your Hello My Name Is... sticker and let the fun begin.

12:33 PM  
Blogger john clarke said...

That is a fine idea.

I may improvise on that suggestion and use the name of some jock/bully guy classmate and threaten to kick random attendees asses.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Robert_M said...

The biggest reason I don't wanna go is hatred...well that and rage.

7:35 AM  
Blogger annush said...

My 10 year reaunion is next year and I can't wait. If ther eis one thing I'm certain of, is that over they ears I've gotten better looking and that no matter what, I'm still younger than all those suckers. HAHAHAHAHA

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home