Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Brown Bag

Whatever happened to bringing your lunch to work? Since I can remember, I've been one of the few people who bring food from home to work. It started when I had my first real post college job and couldn't afford to eat out every work day. Now I guess I could afford to eat out every day, but if I did, I'd probably be taking in an inordinate amount of calories, given the restaurant options downtown. My buddy Will works for a very progressive company that actually provides lunch for him. That's never going to happen where I work --- we're lucky to get a less than cost of living raises every year. I do mix it up, eating out about twice a week. But I still feel like a dork carrying my lunch to work every day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

I did it for years, but it got depressing sitting in the office. Nowadays I need to get the hell out.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Gye Greene said...

You need to bring your lunch in a lunchbox -- maybe a Charlie Brown one.

If you're a dork on purpose, you become so Dork you're cool again.

Or, so I hope...!


--GG

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home