Saturday, August 27, 2005

Weird Hotel


Will, Sach and I stayed in the weirdest hotel ever in London.

This hotel was in a really nice part of London called Notting Hill --- maybe you've seen the movie. And from the outside, it looked like one of those old grand hotels with bad ass stained glass, dark stained woodwork in the lobby, and red leather upholstery everywhere.

But the rooms were unbelievably small. The bed I slept on was smaller than the one I had when I was seven years old. And I could touch both far walls of the room when I layed down. We didn't care. We spent hardly any time in our rooms --- just to sleep, and we didn't do much of that.

Notice the big key and blue keychain on the table. The hotel wouldn't let us take the room keyes out of the hotel for some reason. We had to show the desk clerk a card to get our key. But the hotel was so weird, a situation we totally accepted, none of us asked why we had to surrender our key when leaving even though we were paid guests.

After taking in all that the strange hotel had to offer, Will said: "This is my favorite hotel room ever."

2 Comments:

Blogger Will Elmore said...

It was my favorite hotel ever until my extra camera battery ($45 retail value) was heisted by one of the not-so-honest employees at this hotel.

3:58 PM  
Blogger john clarke said...

I forgot about that part. But it only adds to this hotel's legend. I'm sure plenty of hotels have cleaning staff with criminal tendencies. But how many hotels have cleaning staffs with criminal tendencies that know to steal random valuable camera parts?

Again, it's weird.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home