Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Valiant Effort

I tried to watch the president's state of the union address last night. I really did. But after hearing more black and white pronouncements and evil-doer talk delivered by a famously bad public speaker, I punched out. I looked down at my watch and found that I'd lasted an entire 2 minutes and 15 seconds before having to eject. I landed on IFC and found that watching 1993's Ruby in Paradise starring the incredibly lovely Ashley Judd was a better use of my time.

It's not a good sign when the president can't hold the attention of someone like me who has no particular political allegiances. But could he at least throw a bone to the disillusioned people like me who've grown exhausted by the blue and red divisions in this nation where the priority, above all else, is merely staying on message?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home