Monday, February 06, 2006

I've got meat balls


Every Sunday, I play a dangerous game of recipe roulette. I log on to Epicurious.com, scan through the recipes, pick one out and make it. There are only a couple of rules in this game.1. It can't be a food item that I've prepared before. And 2., the recipe must be devoid of ridiculous ingredients like saffron which will assuredly be missing from the shelves of my mediocre local grocery store.

This week it was meatballs in tomato and serrano chile sauce on a bed of long grain white rice. I rocked this recipe. The meatballs had the unusual and interesting seasoning combination of fresh garlic and mint, which works better than it sounds. But the sauce was what really made this recipe work. The serrano chiles gave the dish a nice slow burn that hit the pallette about the time I took a second bite.

I can't believe I've been reduced to writing about recipes.

1 Comments:

Blogger whitneydonkey said...

welcome to my world!

that recipe looks good though.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home