Friday, January 20, 2006

Lady Chablis

One of Tara's posts reminds me a beloved character on Gaston Avenue.

Almost every weekend, we used to see this black guy walking in a very deliberate manner --- I mean with purpose --- up and down Gaston in a dress. We're not talking some crazy homeless person who just happened to find a dress in a dumpter and put it on, this guy had on a blonde wig (somewhat askew, which did sort of look crazy) a purse and high heels. This person was not a prostitute as he did not attempt to flag down cars or make eye contact. And let me tell you, this was not an attractive black guy in a dress. Not even Danny Bonaduce would not stop to pick this person up for cheap sex. My gay next door neighbors named him Lady Chablis after the character in "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil". I have no idea what Lady Chablis' destination was. Maybe he justed wanted an audience for his line of fashion.

I haven't seen Lady Chablis since last summer. Maybe he goes south for the winter and is currently crossing the Texas/Mexico border in a flowing sun dress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home