Sunday, April 01, 2007

Framed


It's been a good 10 years since anything related to rock & roll has hung on a wall in my residence. In my late 20's, I thought it would be more adult to frame a rock poster --- that way it would pass over from anti-authoritarian wall paper to real art if The Clash's London Calling poster was shielded in something I bought from Target.


But photos are different --- especially if they are from a memorable event and the shot turns out better than expected. This was the case for this picture of the Hoodoo Guru's David Faulkner. I was close up and wasn't using a flash. The shutter speed was slow so the parts of his body that are moving turned out a bit blurry. But the photo looked really cool when I looked at it on the computer (not so much in the posting below). So off it went to an online photo place for reprinting. And 11 bucks later --- 13 more for the Target frame --- and it's on my wall, marking my re-entry in to rock and roll wall coverings. The set list I grabbed off the stage got the same treatment. So every morning when I look at this wall while brushing my teeth, I'll be reminded of St. Patrick's Day 2007 when I went home hoarse from screaming with excitement over how good this show was.

2 Comments:

Blogger Will Elmore said...

Looks like a really cool photograph.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Gye Greene said...

Good rock & roll shot. Extra R&R if there's a Telecaster being played.


--GG

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home