Monday, June 06, 2005

The Haimster

Speaking of great movies, somebody please tell me that this 1990 documentary called "Me, Myself & I" is still available for rental somewhere.

From the Allmovie Guide:
"Released specifically to combat growing rumors that teenage star Corey Haim was losing a battle with drug addiction, this "video diary" sets out to show that a typical day for the "Haimster" is more wholesome than you'd think. Haim is shown mostly alone, enjoying a well-rounded set of activities that encompass baseball, hockey, tennis, makeup sessions, driving around Los Angeles, recording funk music on his Casio keyboard, putting on a New Jack era-fashion show, and lying on a comfortable-looking couch reflecting on life. Dismissing his fans' drug fears as a "whole misconception thing," he says he hopes to make the leap from playing the younger brother to "trying to be the older brother, or the only brother."

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I saw a clip of this recently...maybe it was on the daily show. Hilarious. Where is he now?

12:58 PM  
Blogger john clarke said...

Oh sweet John Stewart. Will you send me a copy?

I just finished searching Netflix for this gem. And I vowed if they had it, I'd sign up for their service immediately. They didn't. So I'll put off a Netflix for another day.

This guy, however, has seen it and believes it is in a class all by itself for terribleness. He notes that it's impossible to find.

Check out: http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/251.html

As far to the whereabouts of Corey, I bet he's still jamming on his Casio, hoping to break into the "music biz" or trying to put together another "new jack" fashion show.

1:19 PM  
Blogger john clarke said...

After doing some extensive research (i.e. a Google search) I have determined the current activities of one Corey Ian Haim. As far as I can tell, Mr. Haim is now occupying his time getting bad tatoos and selling his teeth on Ebay. I'm not making this up.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/archive/quickies/17/index.shtml

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home