Thursday, July 21, 2005

Alert

Today, local radio was reporting that the public transporation agencies in Dallas and Fort Worth are both at "orange level alert." So I got to wondering --- is public transporation in Lubbock, and Wills Point and Asheville, North Carolina also at orange level alert? Is there fear that a long simmering jihad in Gallup New Mexico is about to be unleashed on a bus?

I'm not trying to make light of the latest London bomb scare or the possibility that it will happen here, but do we have to be completely silly about this? I mean, buses are blown up in Isreal on a regular basis and we don't lose our minds when that happens. And neither do the Israelis.

2 Comments:

Blogger whitneydonkey said...

change of subject, but you travel alot. have you ever been to Sulfer, Davis, or Lawton Oklahoma?? these are new places of moving interest for us.
I hoped you had been to them.

11:52 AM  
Blogger john clarke said...

My Dad lived in Lawton for awhile doing some contract work. He spent the weekdays there and went home to Richardson on the weekends. Sometimes my Mom went up on the weekends. Both my parents are small town people and they loved Lawton.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home