Friday, July 22, 2005

Batchelorhood

I just took Karen to the airport. She's going to New York for a conference and won't be back until Wednesday. I'll miss her. But I get to head back into fake singledom for five days. Of course, I considered having a bunch of hookers over to the house for a big coke orgy. But that really isn't my style. So here's what's on tap for the weekend:

1. I'm gonna cook Indian food with wanton abandon. I love Indian food. It would be my choice for a last meal before getting the needle. Karen doesn't like Indian food. In fact, she hates it so much, she'd give me the needle herself should I dare cook it in her presence. So I'm gonna rock the vegetable curry like it's 1999.

2. The thermostat will be moved up. Way up for my house. Like to 75 degrees. It'll be the first time for me to claim victory in the ongoing war over the level of refrigeration inside our humble abode.

3. The stereo will be played at an unacceptable volume. Lots of music that girls don't like will be selected. Dinosaur Jr. comes to mind. "Don't let me fuck up will you. When I need a friend it's still you."

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

I'll get the cigars and back issues of Playboy...

12:40 PM  
Blogger Will Elmore said...

I highly recommend that you purchase the finest and oldest bottle of Boones Farm that you can hide in the 'hood, watch a couple of racy skinemax movies and possibly hit up that burger joint where the cracky guy selling weed hangs out....

2:51 PM  
Blogger K. said...

Indian food should always be cooked with wanton abandon. When cooking Chinese food on the other hand, just wantons will suffice.

T. makes a pretty good Tikki Masala and Rogan Josh. I'm sure she'd be interested in a vegetable curry recipe as well.

Like Karen, curry smell is her dad's kryptonite. He's been known to run screaming from the room at the mere whiff of a curry. I've never seen him run or scream, so I'm sure it would be a sight to behold.

-K.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home