Friday, July 22, 2005

Little Pink Cars For Everyone

This week marks the beginning of the three week Mary Kay convention in Dallas. I know this because about this time every year, lots of ladies wearing red blazers with tons of ribbons and other crap pinned on them stand outside the Dallas hotels near my office and wait for buses to take them to the convention center. Some of them also wear tiaras. But there are never any men waiting to get on the buses.

If journalism finally implodes on me, could I hack it as a Mary Kay dude? Is there even such a thing as a Mary Kay dude? There has to be, even though I've never heard of one. I could sell base and moisterizer with the best of them. Of course, I'd have to learn what base and moisterizers are. But never mind that.

I also might look good in a tiara come convention time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

Interesting contrast, I work near the Mary Kay plant, and there is no sign of cars of festivities over here, only the usual toil.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Robert_M said...

Sounds cultish and cryptic...like Amway

7:45 AM  
Blogger Robert_M said...

I pretty much have Sprinsteen singing 'Pank cadillac' stuck in my head

9:26 AM  
Blogger whitneydonkey said...

i bet it takes everyone a long time to get ready for the conference every morning. i bet there are some fights for the bathrooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home