Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Seasoning

When you were in high school, did you think you'd look this way now?

I was pondering that while shaving my 38-year-old face this morning. I no longer look like the innocent rube I did in photos from 20 years ago. It's still very much the same face. Nothing has fallen off. But my face is definitely more wizened. I think that comes from earning the right to put "seen a lot of shit" on my resume.

Physically, my body is much different. 20 years ago, I was way too thin for my frame. Working out for me was a joke. Unless Jose Canseco steroids were involved, there was no way I was going to pack more stuffing onto my frame. I'm never going to look like my naturally athletic friends who are all pretty ripped. But at least my clothes fit me.

So yeah, I think I look pretty much like what I expected. I even finally figured out what to do with my punk rock hair.

But for some reason, in high school, I predicted that 20 years in the future, when I was established in a career, I'd sport a tweed jacket, jeans and cowboy boots look. That has definitely not happened.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

Nope I had it all wrong. I thought I'd be done with puberty, which I am not. I thought I would figure out a hair style, which I haven't. I thought I would have answers, but I only have more questions.

Youth is wasted on the young as they say.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I embrace my silver hairs, but I don't care for the wrinkles. I never thought much about it (the future me) in my youth, though.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home