Monday, November 28, 2005

Tire Issues


Since I'm making two car road trips this week --- a short hop to Austin on Tuesday for work and a long haul to Colorado next weekend to ski. I checked my Mustang for road worthiness on Sunday. Fluids and belts are A.O.K. But I noticed that the inside tread on my tires are starting to shred meaning big chucks of rubber are starting to come off the tire. Great. The tires are Pirellis --- a European brand that are found on European cars. The Europeans are supposed to know what they're doing. And, obviously, they don't. Europeans, my friends, make crap tires. Tires are not supposed to come apart after 25,000 miles, especially when you take care of them like I do through maintaining the proper air pressure and rotating and balancing them regularly. There's still tread left on them --- at lest the tread that isn't coming off in chunks. So I'm hoping the tire dealer will take mercy on me and allow me to cash in on the warranty and give me a new set of rubber for half price. Otherwise I'll be the guy on the side of the road, cursing the good name of Pirelli while putting the stupid looking donut on my car to take the place of an exploded tire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home