Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Water Rocket


I'm cannabilizing Rob's blog again. But I would have written about this anyway.

For years, when ever I'm in a large store, I walk down the toy isle to see if they sell those cool pump up rockets that are powered by tap water. Nobody ever has them. I guess I know why. Anything that allows one child to launch a hard object at another child is generally frowned on in the 2000's.

I figured the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has something to say about the beloved water rocket. And indeed they did. Check out this 2001 press release: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml01/01158.html

So I guess I have little hope of finding a water rocket in a store. One guy decided to make his own. Except this guy rigged the rocket to a plastic 1955 T-Bird and used a two liter Mountain Dew bottle to the car to supply extra "fuel". It looks like he and his kids had a kick ass time with this invention, at least until he decided to put G.I. Joe in the driver's seat, causing his kids to freak out. Get ready to laugh at this guy's genius invention that I want to copy really bad: http://www.outsideconnection.com/rockets/rocketcar.htm

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

I'm a big fan of of hydraulic rocketry

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home