Thursday, December 08, 2005

Weather's ganging up on me

I'm at work today, one of the few and proud. This means I broke my weather rule --- bad weather means no work, no matter what the boss says. Dallas streets are indeed icy today. But they're real passable. However, the idiot factor is the wildcard for danger on a day like this. My honest belief is that the average American is borderline retarded. This belief accounts for the sucess of many network television shows and the election of many politicians. And it must account for the various accidents which happened on my way to work. Some dude smashed his car through a fence near my house and another person flipped his Lincoln over, according to my boss. I tood the same route as the crashed motorists. However, I drove slow and kept an eye out for slippery conditions as far as I could see. I had no problems. But this is not what people who star in their own movie do. They're oblivious to their surroundings and can't understand why the world doesn't react to their needs ---- namely blasting along at 50 mph while talking on their cell phones, ice be damned. The ice isn't much of threat to me. Retards with driver's license are.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

Yep my drive in was a breeze, not because of a lack of ice (there was a lot) but the lack of other cars , the kind usually driven by knuckleheads.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Gye Greene said...

''Star in their own movie'' -- incisive comment, well-turned phrase.

--GG

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home