Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm Angry and I'm Gonna Sell A Book

One of the morning talk shows had a teaser for an interview with some guy who had written a book called "100 people who are screwing up America." I didn't even know who the guy was. So I predicted to Karen that is book would be a real in-depth analysis of the United States' woes. It would probably break new ground by blaming the following people: "Liberals, Liberals, Liberals, Clinton is still bad, Liberals, Liberals, Liberals."

Then the guy came on. It was Bernard Goldberg, who's work I've quite enjoyed as a reporter on Bryant Gumbel's Inside Sports on HBO. I tell Karen, hey, I'm onboard with this guy.

Then he launches on the declining morality and vulgarity on television. Since when has television been a place where we've looked for morality? I'm sure the moralists were launching on "I Dream of Jeanie" in 1966 too. And vulgarity on television? I like it. Give me more. If the Sopranos were more vulgar, I'd probably like it even more.

Then his 100 people who were screwing up America were: "Liberals, Liberals, Liberals." Great. I'm so glad your book is that breath of fresh air I was looking for. What a radical departure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I saw this guy on the Daily Show. One of his people who are screwing things up is Barbara Streisand.

7:22 AM  
Blogger john clarke said...

Yeah. That damn Barbara is so influential. She really shapes the debate in this country.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Gye Greene said...

Actually, that would be a really fun conspiracy theory to cook up. Try it out at your local bar...

--GG

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home